Rhubarb Cream Pie
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 slightly beaten eggs
- 1 (9-inch) single-crust unbaked pastry shell
- 4 cups sliced fresh rhubarb
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- In large mixing bowl, stir together the 1-1/2 cups sugar, 1/4 cup flour and nutmeg. Add the eggs and blend well.
- Gently stir in the rhubarb
- Turn the mixture into prepared pastry shell.
- In small bowl, stir together the 1/2 cup flour and 1/4 cup sugar. Cut in butter or margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over the top of the pie. Cover edge of pie with foil to prevent over browning.
- Bake in preheated 400-degree oven for 20 minutes. Remove foil. Continue baking 20 to 30 minutes more until topping is golden and pie is set.